What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that the website you are visiting requests to save on your computer. Cookies are used on many websites to give you access to various functions. The information in the cookie is also possible to use to track your browsing on different websites that use the same cookie.
There are two types of cookies. One type saves a file for a long time on your computer, the cookie then has an expiration date. For example, it is used for features that tell you what's new since you last visited the current site. When the expiration date has passed, the cookie is automatically deleted when you return to the website that created it.
The second type of cookies is called session cookies and has no expiry date. While you are browsing a page, this cookie is temporarily stored in your computer's memory, for example, to keep track of the language you have chosen. Session cookies are not stored on your computer for an extended period of time, but always disappear when you close your browser.
How are cookies used on Guardio's website?
- remember if you want to see prices inclusive or exclusive of VAT
- remember that you have logged in
- know if you are a private or corporate customer
- make sure your shopping cart works properly during your visit
- track and understand which of our products are the most popular on the website.